Mid-Level Civil/Structural Drafter
This great opportunity is perfect for someone with the ability to work with a small team and is dedicated to their craft. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety clients in the commercial and residential markets. This is also an opportunity to work with and learn from Senior Designers and Civil/Structural Engineers. In this role you will be responsible for working with the Civil/Structural Engineers and Lead Designers to develop the civil/structural design for commercial and residential projects.
- A team player to develop a good working environment
- Assist in conceptual studies, planning studies, layouts, structural and foundation design, design specification development and construction documents
- Take general direction from the lead engineer and/or lead designer and implement basic design of civil and structural components necessary for the development of a project consistent with good practices, client requirements and conformance to codes and standards
- Assist in preparation of structural design drawings for commercial and residential projects
- Assist in preparation of reinforced concrete design drawings for commercial and residential projects
- Apply standard drafting techniques in AutoCAD to generate and interpret drawings in support of assigned projects
- Ensure the basic engineering drawings are maintained throughout the project
- Work together with design team to assure a cohesive set of quality deliverables are produced that are correct and consistent
- Must be proficient in using AutoCAD
- Windstorm inspection experience a plus
We offer competitive salaries and flexible work schedules.
Positions are located in the Galveston area.
Please submit qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org